Edward Burne-Jones, The Sleep of Arthur in Avalon
This huge painting is 24 feet long and occupied Burne-Jones for more than 17 years. It was still unfinished when he died in 1898.
Click through for a link to Fiona MacCarthy’s analysis of the painting in The Guardian in 2008, written to celebrate the exhibition of the work in the UK.
- spice-melange likes this
- ladyperseverance likes this
- kirbywasthere likes this
- nathoniousmook reblogged this from preraphaelitenotes and added:
- valley-of-no-return likes this
- valley-of-no-return reblogged this from preraphaelitenotes
- sir-kit likes this
- preraphaelitenotes posted this